Our Sermo community has been participating in a promotion to help support Floating Doctors and we wanted to give all M.D.s and D.O.s the chance to join in. We’re giving away an all-expense-paid vacation/medical mission with Floating Doctors in Panama!
Dr. Ben LaBrot filmed a message for the Sermo community. It’s an update on a few patients they’ve seen lately. It’s a fantastic look into the types of cases they see and why physician volunteers (both on the ground and through iConsult) are so important in these patient’s lives. You’ll also get a glimpse into how one of their clinics operates.
If you’d like to participate you just have to log into Sermo and either post an iConsult case (our digital curbside consult app) or contribute meaninfully to an iConsult already posted. The contest runs through December 24th, and every comment or iConsult counts. Winners receive …
- Round-trip airfare for two to Panama City and the resort town of Bocas del Toro
- 2 nights at one of Panama City’s finest hotels (eg. Trump Hotel or the Waldorf Astoria)
- 5 nights at a beautiful Bed & Breakfast in Bocas del Toro
- 2 days working with Floating Doctors in their clinic in Bocas del Toro, treating children and adults who have no other access to medical care
- Per diem for meals, including a fabulous dinner at Trump Hotel’s Tejas Restaurant
- A stipend for transportation while in Panama City
The winner will be selected by random drawing. Details are below …
Each physician will receive two entries for every iConsult clinical case uploaded inside Sermo between November 18 – December 24, 2013. Cases may be either current patients or past cases. Make sure you select the “iConsult” posting option when you create your content.
You’ll receive one entry for every iConsult case you contribute to (that is not your own). Limit one entry per case. Responses must be relevant to the case presented and contribute to the conversation (e.g. More than an “I agree”.) iConsults can be uploaded from any web-based browser.
We think Floating Doctors is an amazing organization, you can help support them inside the Sermo community, we’d love to have you join us if you’re an M.D. or D.O.